Proposal Support from College of Forestry Research Office
Our office strives to give full support for initiating and submitting grants. Some grants take a lot of effort especially those that have large budgets, have subawards, or require match. Therefore, in order to receive full support from our office and to meet institutional routing timelines, you should contact our office to begin work on the EB3 budget at least one month prior to the deadline. This is especially true for inexperienced PIs submitting major federal applications with large budgets involving outside institutional subawards. We must have a final budget in our EB3 budget template and a fully compliant budget justification that we have reviewed and are ready for submission to OSRAA no less than 10 days before a deadline.
If you have an unforeseen emergency proposal deadline and are unable to meet the timeline above, contact us immediately and we may require an explanation and involve your department head. Approval to go forward will be dependent on our current workload.
A reminder that all external funding entering OSU must be institutionally reviewed and approved. It is critical that you involve our office as soon as possible when in conversation with outside entities so we can determine the appropriate mechanism to bring funds in (i.e. OSRAA, ARF, OSUF, PCCM). All budgets, regardless of funding mechanism, should be reviewed by our office prior to sending out to external entities to ensure all appropriate costs have been included.
Login using your ONID username and password.
Proposal Guidelines & Information
- -- College of Forestry proposal budgeting guidelines (subject to change). (9/7/2021)
- Information Commonly Needed for Proposals (link to OSRAA website)
CoF Budget Template
Please contact the CoF Research Office if you would like us to build a budget for you -- we're located in 378 Peavy Forest Science Center, or you can phone Melora Park at 7-1586.
- -- auto-fills and auto-calculates fields based on current guidelines; includes travel worksheet (please utilize). (updated 9/7/2021).
- Odo - generic budget justification template generator by agency from current version of the EB3 (please note you must edit template output to fit your budget). This is a MS Excel Visual Basic tool. Contact CoFRO if you need assistance. Version 4.0.1 updated 4/25/19
Office of Sponsored Research and Award Administration (OSRAA)
- OSRAA Home Page
- Cayuse New User Registration Form
- Cayuse Sponsor/Subcontractor Registration Form
- Forms & Rates
- Proposal Preparation
- Award Status Page
- Facilities and Administration Rate Agreement (NICRA) - indirect costs Jan 2019
- Facilities and Administration Implementation Memo - Jan 2019
- Office of Research Integrity - Conflict of Interest, Export Control, IRB (human subjects), IACUC (animal care), Boating & Diving, UAVs
- OSU Annual Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form - required annually for all principal and co-principal investigators
- Office of Commercialization and Corporate Development - Industry research relations, intellectual property
NSF Templates and Documents
- NSF PAPPG 22-1 - (Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide) - applies starting Oct 5, 2021
- NSF FAQs for proposal preparation
- Collaborators & Other Affiliations - required template - upload as single copy document - COA FAQs (updated Oct 4, 2021)
- Biographical Sketch Information * – required template using SciENcv or NSF supplied fillable PDF (updated Oct 4, 2021)
- Current & Pending Support Information * - required template using SciENcv or NSF or NSF supplied fillable PDF (updated Oct 4, 2021)
SciENcv FAQs - for biographical sketches and current & pending docs (updated Sep 27, 2021)
* The National Science Foundation (NSF) has designated the National Institutes of Health’s SciENcv (Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae) as an NSF-approved format for submission of biographical sketch(es) and Current and Pending Support docs and is encouraging its use to prepare a biographical sketches and current and pending support docs for inclusion in proposals to NSF. NSF has supplied fillable PDF forms as an alternative. Use of an NSF-approved format is required).
- Your fastlane user name is typically your last name
- Forgot your NSF ID # (9 digits)? Lookup your ID here.
NIFA AFRI Templates and Documents
- NIFA Grants.gov Application Guide (July 2019) - always check for updated guidelines in solicitations
- NIFA AFRI 2021-2022 Foundational Program RFA - (April 2021)
- NIFA AFRI 2021 Foundational Supplemental Application Instructions - (April 2021)
- NIFA AFRI Letter of Intent Instructions - (May 2019)
- Project Summary/Abstract - required NIFA AFRI template
- Project Narrative - CoFRO template
- Bibliography & References Cited - CoFRO template
- Conflict of Interest - NIFA AFRI template
- Current & Pending Support - NIFA AFRI template
- Biographical Sketch – CoFRO template
- Key Personnel - CoFRO template
- Facilities & Other Resources - CoFRO template
- Equipment - CoFRO template
- Data Management Plan - CoFRO template
- Management Plan - CoFRO template
- Key Personnel Roles - CoFRO template
- Logic Model - CoFRO template
- Collaboration - CoFRO template
- AD3030 form - (upload to field 12 in other project information)
- AFRI Project Type - required template
Data Management Plans
- NSF Data Management Plans - Information Link
- OSU Libraries DMP Website & Support
- OSU Library Scholars Archive boilerplate
- DMP Tool - link to 3rd party website
Once your award has been signed and you have an index, please contact FOBC postaward for questions.
- Forestry, Oceanic and Atmospheric Business Center (FOBC) - email@example.com
- OSRAA postaward support - firstname.lastname@example.org