** Please note that requests for assistance that arrive with less than 10 days before a deadline will only be accommodated if sufficient staff resources are available. If you have an unforeseen emergency proposal deadline, contact us immediately and inform your Unit Head with an explanation. Approval to go forward will be dependent on our current workload.
Login using your ONID username and password.
Proposal Guidelines & Information
- -- College of Forestry proposal budgeting guidelines (subject to change). (1/3/2020)
- Information Commonly Needed for Proposals --(revised 9/5/2019)
CoF Budget Templates
Please contact the CoF Research Office if you would like us to build a budget for you -- we're located in 201G Richardson Hall, or you can phone Melora Park at 7-1586.
- -- auto-fills and auto-calculates fields based on current guidelines; includes travel worksheet (recommended). (tuition and travel updated 1/3/2020).
For JVAs, the USFS match should be listed in total in row 167 under 3rd party match (no details needed). JVA OSU match costs should be met using unrecovered indirect costs (rows 162, 163) and tuition. Only include salary if the match is less than 20% of the total.
- -- DISCONTINUED - please use the EB3.
- Odo - generic budget justification template generator by agency from current version of the EB3 (please note you must edit template output to fit your budget). This is a MS Excel Visual Basic tool. Contact CoFRO if you need assistance. Version 4.0.1 updated 4/25/19
Office of Sponsored Research and Award Administration (OSRAA)
- OSRAA Home Page
- Cayuse New User Registration Form
- Cayuse Sponsor/Subcontractor Registration Form
- Forms & Rates
- Proposal Preparation
- Award Status Page
- Facilities and Administration Rate Agreement (NICRA) - indirect costs Jan 2019
- Facilities and Administration Implementation Memo - Jan 2019
- Office of Research Integrity - Conflict of Interest, Export Control, IRB (human subjects), IACUC (animal care), Boating & Diving, UAVs
- OSU Annual Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form - required annually for all principal and co-principal investigators
- Office of Commercialization and Corporate Development - Industry research relations, intellectual property
NSF Templates and Documents
- NSF PAPPG (Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide) (NSF 19-1 Feb 25, 2019) - always check for updated guidelines in solicitations
- NSF FAQs for proposal preparation
- Biographical Sketch*– suggested template (Aug 14, 2019)
- Current & Pending Support - suggested template (Aug 14, 2019))
- Collaborators & Other Affiliations - required template as of Dec 2017 - upload as single copy document as .xls or .xlsx
* Please be advised that the National Science Foundation (NSF) has designated the National Institutes of Health’s SciENcv (Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae) as an NSF-approved format for submission of biographical sketch(es) and is encouraging its use to prepare a biographical sketch for inclusion in proposals to NSF. Use of an NSF-approved format is expected to be required beginnning in 2020)
- Your fastlane user name is typically your last name
- Forgot your NSF ID # (9 digits)? Lookup your ID here.
NIFA AFRI Templates and Documents
- NIFA Grants.gov Application Guide (March 2, 2018) - always check for updated guidelines in solicitations
- NIFA AFRI 2019-2020 Foundational Program RFA - (Released May 2019)
- NIFA AFRI 2019 Foundational Supplemental Application Instructions - (May 2019)
- NIFA AFRI Letter of Intent Instructions - (May 2019)
- Project Summary/Abstract - required NIFA AFRI template
- Project Narrative - CoFRO template
- Bibliography & References Cited - CoFRO template
- Conflict of Interest - NIFA AFRI template
- Current & Pending Support - NIFA AFRI template
- Biographical Sketch – CoFRO template
- Key Personnel - CoFRO template
- Facilities & Other Resources - CoFRO template
- Equipment - CoFRO template
- Data Management Plan - CoFRO template
- Management Plan - CoFRO template
- Key Personnel Roles - CoFRO template
- Logic Model - CoFRO template
- Collaboration - CoFRO template
- OSU Felony Tax Certification
Data Management Plans
- NSF Data Management Plans - Information Link
- OSU Libraries DMP Website & Support
- OSU Library Scholars Archive boilerplate
- DMP Tool - link to 3rd party website
Once your award has been signed and you have an index, please contact FOBC postaward for questions.
- Forestry, Oceanic and Atmospheric Business Center (FOBC) - email@example.com
- OSRAA postaward support - firstname.lastname@example.org